When you’re moving to a new place with the help of a reputed Removalists Bankstown company, it can be tough to decide what to do with all your old furniture. You may not have the space for it in your new place, or you may simply want to get rid of it and start fresh. Whatever your reasons, there are plenty of great places to donate furniture when you’re moving.
Here are some options for places to donate furniture:
- Habitat for Humanity ReStore: Habitat for Humanity operates ReStores, which are home improvement stores that sell new and gently used furniture, appliances, and building materials at a discount. Donating to a ReStore supports Habitat for Humanity’s mission of providing affordable housing to families in need.
- Goodwill: Goodwill accepts donations of furniture, as well as clothing, electronics, and other household items. The proceeds from the sale of donated items go towards funding job training programs and other services for people with disabilities and other barriers to employment.
- The Salvation Army: The Salvation Army is another organization that accepts donations of furniture, clothing, and other household items. The proceeds from the sale of donated items go towards funding programs that provide shelter, food, and other assistance to people in need.
- Local Thrift Stores: Many local thrift stores accept furniture donations, and the proceeds from the sale of donated items often go towards supporting local charities or community programs.
- Furniture Banks: Furniture banks are organizations that provide furniture to people in need. Donating to a furniture bank can help families and individuals who are transitioning out of homelessness, fleeing domestic violence, or otherwise in need of furniture.
Before donating your furniture, be sure to check the organization’s donation guidelines to ensure that your items meet their criteria. Some organizations may only accept certain types of furniture, or may require that items be in good condition.
Donating furniture when you’re moving doesn’t have to be difficult. There are plenty of great places to donate furniture, and most of them will even pick it up for free. As anyone who has ever moved with the help of a good removalists Central Coast company knows, getting rid of furniture can be a challenge. So, if you’re looking to get rid of some furniture before your move, consider donating it to one of these great organizations.